Brandon Riverbank Inc., in partnership with the City of Brandon, is very pleased to announce the launch of “Back to the River”, Brandon’s Assiniboine River Corridor Master Plan, 2015-2035.
The creation of this plan represents the best kind of community collaboration from elected officials and administration, sports and recreation groups, businesses, those committed to habitat restoration and protection, nature enthusiasts, arts and cultural groups, and citizens who have a newly developed or long affinity with the 700 acre greenspace that winds its way through the heart of our community. With incredibly helpful guidance and professional input from HTFC Planning + Design out of Winnipeg, the diverse groups outlined above worked together to develop a realistic, yet creative roadmap for how Brandon’s residents and visitors can engage with this unique space in every season, over the next 20 years. The result is a plan
that is honest and grounded in reality, while still recognizing that Brandon deserves some new venues and beautiful spaces to enjoy and show off to the rest of the world.
The first Master Plan project to be embarked upon will be Festival Park, a celebration space that will see a transformation of the event area adjacent to the Riverbank Discovery Centre. This project will feature terraced amphitheatre seating and an elevated stage that will be constructed with a permanent cover and infrastructure necessary for hosting everything from community theatre to cultural celebrations to major summer concerts. This performance venue will surrounded by a trail network, additional picnic shelters, and native prairie grasses and enhanced landscape features. Festival Park is being designed to be a signature element that provides a beautiful space for our community to gather and celebrate.
- SECTION 1 / 2 / 3 BARC MP FINAL REPORT – Acknowledgments, Executive Summary and Introduction
- SECTION 4 BARC MP FINAL REPORT – Planning Process
- SECTION 5.1 BARC MP FINAL REPORT – Site Analysis + Preliminary Research
- SECTION 5.2 / 5.3 BARC MP FINAL REPORT – Brainstorming + Consensus Building and Prelim Planning + Review
- SECTION 6.1 / 6.1.2 BARC MP FINAL REPORT – Regulatory + Spatial Plan
- SECTION 6.1.3 BARC MP FINAL REPORT – Detail Development 1 The Hub North
- SECTION 6.1.3 BARC MP FINAL REPORT – Detail Development 2 The Hub South
- SECTION 6.1.3 BARC MP FINAL REPORT – Detail Development 3 West Active Living + Nature Zone
- SECTION 6.1.3 BARC MP FINAL REPORT – Detail Development 4 East Culture + Environmental Education Zone
- SECTION 6.1.3 BARC MP FINAL REPORT – Detail Development 5 Ashley Neufeld Softball Complex
- SECTION 6.1.4 / 6.2 / 6.3 / 7 BARC MP FINAL REPORT – Operational, Funding + Implemenation Plan and Next Steps